Monday, October 5, 2009

Fresh Peach Cobbler

I love this recipe. It is in my first cook book that I received as a gift when I got married. It is a Betty Crocker recipe.

1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups sliced peaches (6 medium)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar, if desired
Sweetened Whipped Cream

1. Heat oven to 400*

2. In 2-quart saucepan, mix 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; keep peach mixture hot in oven.

3. In medium bowl, mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt. Cut in butter using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like fine crumbs. (I used a processor, it worked for me) Stir in milk. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot peach mixture. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over dough.

4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with Sweetened Whipped Cream.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

YUM!! I love peach cobbler!